World Clock

No Cheaters

Cheaters / Lamers List

View Thread
Team-=CoN=- Snipers » General Public » Public Chat
 Print Thread
NEW MAP
buffalo_bill
i did this remix just for joke.....but its becoming quite annoing all this talkin about..M A P S A R E O P E N! no particular items were added.....
and more: daviddu' map was 4.6mb....mine 3.9....not just 2 lights......but yes...it was a 5mins work (even less...........)....
anyway......i just retexturized it and made a bit bigger, adjusting some bad brushes and deleting almost all the lights.....
steack and beers is a vial (as in daviddu' map and so in dm-BBQ) then i renamed the map (i suppose its different from the daviddu' night version....) BUT IN LEVEL INFO AND IN THE PREVIEW THERE ARE STILL DAVIDDU (FR) AS AUTHOR AND THE SCREENSHOT OF THE ORIGINAL DAVIDDU' WORK........so that everybody could know that mine is not an original work........
so stop plz..Wink
Edited by buffalo_bill on 08-16-2010 11:31 AM
Beauty is the curse of the world
....AND HAPPINESS IS A WARM POPPY!

buffalo_bill
one more thing: I dont need to ask anybody 4 a map made as i need.....I do it.............if i want a dm-fractal played in water or a dm-morpheus with 10 skyscrapers i do it
yes i can

daviddu63
Yes is a map opensource you have possibility ! but with me STOP ! You purposely made ? i have say I DONT WANT YOU REBUILD MY WORK !!!,if you want, i have night version with DaV tag (create in 5 minutes on my work of 3 mounth), Now you removed this map very quickly on mediafire or I will pursue you in french court . now you are adverise
Edited by daviddu63 on 08-15-2010 11:44 PM
-= I - S E A R C H - C L A N - U T 9 9 =-

fr.miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/0/atchoumdu63.png
www.gametracker.com/profile/atchoumdu63/b_460x42_C000000-11172D-1F2642-8790AE-FF9900-FF9900.png
nsm02.casimages.com/img/2009/09/19//090919060122602154482110.gif

Dr.quack
why are you mad???
k i know its hard to see people taking your work and having credit for it...but man if you are a mapper be glad seeing people play your map ...
you shoul be proud of your work an nothing eles
and ok maybe bill shoul asked before doing it
i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab173/Dr-quack/dr-q.jpg

buffalo_bill
read better next time:

May I apply a Creative Commons license to a work that is in the public domain?
No, Creative Commons licenses should not be applied to works in the public domain. Our licenses are intended for works protected by copyright only. Our deeds now state this unambiguously: "Public Domain -- where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license." Applying a CC license to a work in the public domain may constitute Copyfraud.However, if you incorporate a work that is in the public domain into a collection that is itself protected by copyright, then you may apply a Creative Commons license to the work as a collection, although the license will not affect the status of public domain work. Similarly, you may apply a Creative Commons license to an adaptation of a public domain work if you hold copyright to the adaptation.

as u remixed dm-bbq everyone can remix your ......i dont think you bought the rights of dm-bbq.....so you are wasting money man

Mr.P
Hi all,
as I said before, I've no role in this discussion but now I'm curious to know some things for the future, maybe this could be interesting also for me.

This is the Creative Commons (CC) license for the map of daviddu63:
http://creativeco...nc-nd/3.0/
Ok, it is written well "No Derivative Works - You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work"

...and this is the link for the FAQs about CC licenses
http://wiki.creat...ns.org/FAQ
Among the questions, there is one...

May I apply a Creative Commons license to a work that is in the public domain?
No, Creative Commons licenses should not be applied to works in the public domain. Our licenses are intended for works protected by copyright only. Our deeds now state this unambiguously: "Public Domain -- where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license." Applying a CC license to a work in the public domain may constitute Copyfraud. However, if you incorporate a work that is in the public domain into a collection that is itself protected by copyright, then you may apply a Creative Commons license to the work as a collection, although the license will not affect the status of public domain work. Similarly, you may apply a Creative Commons license to an adaptation of a public domain work if you hold copyright to the adaptation.

As daviddu63's map uses a lot of objects from dm-BBQ map, my questions for daviddu63 are:
1) is dm-BBQ map a public domain work ?
2) if dm-BBQ map is a public domain work, have you the copyright to the adaptation for that map ? (an extension of that map using the same prefabs/brushes is a kind of adaptation and obviously cannot be considered as an original work...)

greetings,
Pietro

PS: wow, I've seen now I've posted the same text of Bill... roflmao
Edited by Mr.P on 08-16-2010 10:53 AM

http://www.ut99maps.net
buffalo_bill
dm-bbq comes with no licence so everybody can remix it......every map coming from it GOT NO LICENCE....unless u add in it something special so that the new map could have licence ONLY FOR THE NEW ITEM

-=CoN=-BLSwagger
This is good stuff......I'm learning something new everyday!Thumbs Up
The End of an Error: 1/20/2013

-=CoN=-BLSwagger

http://teamcon.net
daviddu63
yes dm-BBQ dont have license , but i dont have use this map , i have use just one "brush\prefab" ... i have completly build my map ... and i have put a copiright for my work ...

www.gametracker.com/profile/atchoumdu63/b_460x42_C000000-11172D-1F2642-8790AE-FF9900-FF9900.png

buffalo_bill
yes dm-BBQ dont have license , but i dont have use this map , i have use just one "brush\prefab" ... i have completly build my map .

it was not just 1 brush....your map is made by several duplications of the existing dm-bbq brushes: slides, swings, houses and warehouses are sometimes just scaled using the jdBbq.u package (which contains steaks and beers as vials, the scoot, the gas cylinder etcetc) without adding any new package....all the textures, musics, sounds and effects are the same with the same appearence effect...everybody who played dm-bbq can see that your map originate from it......in my opinion its an evident remix (NICE JOB ANYWAY) but its just that.....u can pay every copyrighting licences u want...spend all your money...but its just wasting time and money......
u said that its too easy taking a map, retexturizing it, addind or removing some lights and than renaming it.....IT IS!....
but i think that in the same way ITS TOO EASY taking a non-copyrighted (as u said..) map, scaling it without adding any new things and than make a copyright (and according to what is said in your creative commons licence: "Applying a CC license to a work in the public domain may constitute Copyfraud")...
you made the same with DM-(NYA)Infinity_City making DM-(DaV)-BigInFiniTyCity]RmX[ just by dublicating the city and adding a middle air platform (i suppose that its copyrighted too)
anyway...its was just a joke but u made all quite annoying....continue with your behavior but i dont think its a lucky way...
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST
Edited by buffalo_bill on 08-16-2010 05:23 PM

Mr.P
daviddu63 wrote:
yes dm-BBQ dont have license , but i dont have use this map , i have use just one "brush\prefab" ... i have completly build my map ... and i have put a copiright for my work ...

Ok, after putting together all the infos pointed out, it looks like the situation is this: the geometry of the map is yours but you used all the stuff (not only one prefab/brush) present in DM-BBQ so you can't say "all this is mine"...the idea of the map is surely yours but the "bricks" used to create your map are not yours...so what happens ? if DM-BBQ has no license (you say this), this means that it's a public domain stuff so you cannot put any CC license over it, unless you have the copyright to the adaptation for DM-BBQ, have you ? I suppose not...
Imho you cannot put any copyrights if you use public domain stuff from other sources. You could do that only if your material (geometry, brushes, static meshes and so on) is original (= made ONLY by you). Moreover, as said before Draco, there is also UT99 EULA...

These my thoughts, anyway I hope to see other good maps Hi

greetings,
Pietro

http://www.ut99maps.net
daviddu63
a pack "brush" dm-bbq is publique , download on all site of mapping , i have autorisation of creator (I do not need because he and Public but i have now) for use this pack .u , now stop speak ..blablabla ..i have no time for this ... if i look one remake\remix , i go french court directly now . now you are warned

Draco
daviddu63 wrote:
a pack "brush" dm-bbq is publique , download on all site of mapping , i have autorisation of creator (I do not need because he and Public but i have now) for use this pack .u , now stop speak ..blablabla ..i have no time for this ... if i look one remake\remix , i go french court directly now . now you are warned

HAHAHAHAA!!!! Someone really has you suckered into thinking you have some kind of right to something you don't own. Someone really scammed you or you really managed to scam yourself.... I haven't figured that part out yet. Now, blahblahblah. Enough with you. Please shut up now. HAHAHA!!!

~Johnny Jones

BTW, the court systems in half the countries of the Americas don't even recognize themselves much less a French court created in the mind of a deranged man. Hey, and thanks for the laugh. I can honestly say there hasn't been anybody to make me laugh this hard in long time.
Edited by Draco on 08-16-2010 11:58 PM

http://www.funclansnipers.com
buffalo_bill
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA.....oh man.............so funny!
now you have the author permission???????? strange things that happen in a few days...........i hope you will not make a copyright to the air we breath..........or you just have it??????
roflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmao

I removed the video. No need for that. This has been a good debate so far. I'll leave it alone as long as this stays in debate mode. Please don't flame on one another or I'll have to shut it down.

Swagger,
Edited by -=CoN=-BLSwagger on 08-17-2010 06:12 AM

daviddu63
I need not justify myself to you, this is not your card either, and now please respect the copyright, its very unpleasant...

buffalo_bill
you HAVE to justify yourself man.....nobody can do whatever he wants....
in your hands u got nothing......the licence as u made means nothing....so shut up and start reading...
http://wiki.creat...s.org/FFAQ
i hope its the end...u are too boring
Edited by buffalo_bill on 08-17-2010 01:39 PM

daviddu63
i dont have to justify vs you , you dont have map ... Now stop your stupid messages annoying if you dont want that I create trouble for you , i think remove my account to this forum , i dont want speak with you man ..ok

buffalo_bill
i think remove my account to this forum , i dont want speak with you man ..ok

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
....always too late!
Edited by buffalo_bill on 08-17-2010 01:59 PM

Tiggy
oh...dear... lord...... can you guy's actually hear your selfs right now? a map is a map no big deal actually verry stuiped you two arguing over this seriously! im 17 you guys..... uh i actually don't know what to say i don't really care what your reply is back to this but just let it go....... i don't really know what elese to say beyond that... but seriously let it go.

-=CoN=-BLSwagger
Ohh Tiggy, it's a Man Thing! Or should I say testosterone thing.

This was actually a good debate to start off with, but it is going down hill real quick. One acts like he is Bored, the other wants his account Deleted but they keep coming back for more! Dunno
The End of an Error: 1/20/2013

-=CoN=-BLSwagger

http://teamcon.net
Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not A Member yet? Click here to register!

Forgot your password? Forgot your password?

Team Speak
teamspeak Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Game Tracker 2

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12-04-2023 05:26 PM
Please welcome in my Son Ryan as RyDawg91

11-16-2023 04:51 PM
hi we still play every night

08-08-2023 08:05 PM
I just wanted to stop in to say HELLO Smile Cool Carrot

07-21-2023 04:59 PM
Whats up folks? What happened to Lady_Widow, says she's former member.

04-24-2023 11:24 PM
I'm carrying a smoll baby future player in my womb. lol

01-27-2023 04:48 PM
Hi All, love to play again been tied up with interstate work for long periods need some practice see u all soon. Gun Hi

05-27-2022 10:03 PM
So what's everybody up to

02-16-2022 04:57 PM
All, I have started advertising our website and servers on UT forums through FB... Let's start playing again on our servers to start recruiting!!! Pet

02-03-2022 08:23 PM
hey super doing good and u!!

02-02-2022 11:07 PM
Wanted to jump on and check in on all you peeps! Hope you're all doing well! Grin

-=CoN=- Affiliates

c-opsclan.com

LAGG

Link to us
teamconsnipers.com